Lately it seems our rate of travel has doubled. (Not that our rate was high in the first place :)) I grew up in Africa, so traveling isn’t really new to me (in light of that, you’d think I’d be more skilled at packing!) – but traveling with a baby, that’s a whole new realm!
Even with a two-year-old, I feel like I’m just now getting better at it. I’ve tried learning to pack light, and in my effort to do that, we’ve had some interesting predicaments – “what? out of diapers already?” So, I’ve come up with a list of things that are ALWAYS worth packing, and sometimes packing a little extra… Nothing really new here, you experienced mothers will laugh at these.
1. Diapers; Baby Wipes (homemade, of course)
3. Blankets: Even in the summer, I find myself wishing I had a blanket to hang up and shade the sun from baby’s eyes while he’s in the carseat.
4. Toys & Books for the road; bath toys.
5.Baby clothes for all different types of weather (e.g. a sweater/rain jacket even in the summer – gets chilly sometimes!) At least 3 extra outfits…more for a newborn. 🙂
6. Pajamas. For both warm and chilly weather. Funny how you can forget these things.
7. Comfortable evening social wear. Maybe even some bedroom slippers.
8. Food! Lots and lots of food. Not only because it keeps the baby entertained and happy, but also because I’m hungry every two hours as a pregnant and nursing mother.
9. Hand Sanitizer (homemade, naturally. 🙂 here’s the recipe I used: http://doterrablog.com/diy-make-your-own-on-guard-hand-sanitizer/)
10. A Water Bottle (maybe even some gallon jugs)
11. Essential Oils/Diffuser
12. My Spray Bottle of Natural Disinfectants along with Paper Towels.
And then there’s other basics like toiletries, razors etc… Oh audio books are great too.
Well this is from the mom of ONE toddler. I’m sure I’ll have more to add after our trip this weekend, but I’d love to hear input from all of you! What have you found useful while traveling? Maybe even from a different stage of life or those who have multiple babies.