I just made this mango “ice cream” for breakfast. It began as a quick smoothie with what we had on hand, but it turned into a light, creamy mango ice cream! My two-year-old ate at least half of it! And it only takes three ingredients! (Well, four if you count the water :))
1. Trader Joe’s Coconut Cream. I used 1/2 a can, maybe a little more (my coconut cream had been in the fridge, leftover from a previous recipe; I think that added to the ice cream texture). Coconut cream is also great for making dairy-free whipped topping. 🙂
2. Half a slice of frozen pineapple (more if you want it sweeter).
3. About 2 Cups of Frozen Mango Cubes. The Costco near us just started carrying this big bag of organic mango cubes!
Add these all to the Vitamix (or a high-quality blender) in the order listed, then add 1/4 cup of water (just enough to help it blend). I also have raw honey that I got from Trader Joe’s; may add that next time if anyone wanted it sweeter. I enjoyed the light taste of this though! Great as a quick, healthy breakfast!
Quick Overview for those who NEED an EXACT Recipe 😉
- 3/4 cup coconut cream (Best if refrigerated first)
- 2 cups frozen mango cubes
- Half Slice of Frozen Pineapple
- 1/4 cup water
- Add in the order listed, then blend until creamy and enjoy 🙂